Warren Buffett rejects Sanders’ request to intervene amid union strike

Source: The Hill | December 30, 2021 | Olafimihan Oshin

Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffet has rejected Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) request to intervene in various labor disputes.

In a letter to Sanders, Buffet said his company deals with their labor and personnel decisions individually. He also sent a copy of Berkshire Hathaway’s 10-K, which explains its operating businesses on an “unusually decentralized basis.”

“I’m passing along your letter to the CEO of Precision Castparts but making no recommendation to him as to any action. He is responsible for his business,” Buffet said in his letter.

……..

Sanders recently asked Buffet in a letter to support a group in a labor strike within Precision Castparts Corp, a company owned by Berkshire Hathaway that makes equipment for the aerospace and energy industries.

“Today, I am personally requesting that you intervene in the negotiations between Steelworkers Local 40 and Precision Castparts to make sure that the workers are treated with dignity and respect and receive a fair contract that rewards the hard work and sacrifices they have made,” Sanders said in his letter. 

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.