Trump, without evidence, again attacks Biden's mental state after 'poor kids' gaffe

Source: Politico | August 9, 2019 | Caitlin Oprysko

President Donald Trump on Friday said he would be “thrilled” to run against Joe Biden in next year’s election, claiming that the former vice president is “not playing with a full deck” after a series of public flubs at campaign events the day before.

Speaking to the Asian & Latino Coalition PAC in Des Moines, Iowa, the gaffe-prone former veep slipped up while discussing the disparity in curricula at different schools.

“We should challenge students in these schools and have advanced placement programs in these schools,” Biden told the group. “We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids.”

He quickly clarified: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids — no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

Social media seized on the blunder, and Trump’s reelection campaign blasted out a clip of it from its official “war room” Twitter account. On Friday morning, Trump was asked about what appeared to be different remarks from Biden, but homed in on Biden’s school comments.

“Look, Joe is not playing with a full deck,” Trump told reporters during a meandering gaggle before leaving the White House. “He made that comment and I said, ‘Whoa!’” the president added. “Joe Biden is not playing with a full deck. This is not somebody you can have as your president. But if he got the nomination, I would be thrilled.”

In response to the president’s dig, a Biden campaign aide replied: “Donald Trump’s deck is all jokers.”

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31141

Consistent #31142

EVERYDAY #31145

Well, Donnie, what about YOUR blunders? Like the one where you referred to the TOLEDO shooting?

Donnie, you’re the one with the mental health issues — acting like the schoolyard bully, always trying to insult the other little kid you don’t like. I would say Biden, for all his gaffes, is more the adult than you will ever be.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.