Trump says he’ll attend immunity hearing Tuesday in DC

Source: The Hill | January 8, 2024 | Brett Samuels

Former President Trump will attend a hearing in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday over whether he can be prosecuted for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Trump confirmed on Truth Social that he plans to attend the hearing in person as he and his legal team push the argument that he has absolute presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for official acts.

In the post, Trump made the case that he should not be prosecuted for his attempts to remain in power after losing the 2020 election.

“Of course I was entitled, as President of the United States and Commander in Chief, to Immunity. I wasn’t campaigning, the Election was long over,” Trump wrote. “I was looking for voter fraud, and finding it, which is my obligation to do, and otherwise running running our Country.”

Trump went on to suggest President Biden could be vulnerable to criminal charges if the courts rule that Trump is not immune.

Trump has called for the courts to dismiss the charges against him in Washington, D.C., where the former president was federally indicted in August over his efforts to remain in power after losing the 2020 election.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.