Trump rips New York fraud case after posting $175M bond

Source: The Hill | April 2, 2024 | Miranda Nazzaro

Former President Trump railed against his New York civil fraud case and those involved Monday, calling it a “fabricated election interference con job” just hours after he posted a $175 million bond in the case.

In a lengthy post on Truth Social Monday night, Trump argued the judgement will harm New York and called for the disbarment of Judge Arthur Engoron and New York Attorney General Letitia James (D), who brought the suit against the former president, his business and former executives.

“I’ve just posted a 175 Million Dollar Bond with the sadly failing and very troubled State of New York, based on a Corrupt Judge and Attorney General who used a Statute that was never used for this before, where no Jury was allowed, my financial statements were conservative and had a 100% perfect caution/non-reliance clause, there were no victims (except me!), there was no crime or damage, there was only success and HAPPY BANKS,” he wrote.

“The case was a fabricated ELECTION INTERFERENCE con job, so bad for New York, where businesses are fleeing & violent crime is flourishing,” Trump continued. “The Crooked Judge, to suit his narrative, valued Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida, at $18,000,000, when it is worth 50 to 100 times that amount. He ruled I was guilty before he ever saw the case.”

He added that Engoron “should be disbarred, and Letitia James, who campaigned on getting TRUMP, Impeached.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #60335

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.