Trump endorses Sessions' opponent in Alabama Senate primary

Source: Politico | March 10, 2020 | James Arkin

Trump backed former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville.

President Donald Trump spurned Jeff Sessions and endorsed Tommy Tuberville in the Alabama Senate race Tuesday, an enormous blow to Trump’s former attorney general, whom he had excoriated for recusing from the Justice Department’s Russia investigation.

The endorsement of Tuberville is a major boost for the former Auburn University football coach three weeks before the primary runoff between the two Republicans. Tuberville earned the top spot in last week’s primary, narrowly edging out Sessions but falling well short of the 50 percent of the vote needed to avoid a runoff.

“Tommy Tuberville (@TTuberville) is running for the U.S. Senate from the Great State of Alabama. Tommy was a terrific head football coach at Auburn University. He is a REAL LEADER who will never let MAGA/KAG, or our Country, down! Tommy will protect your Second Amendment…(which is under siege), is strong on Crime and the Border, and truly LOVES our Military and our Vets. He will be a great Senator for the people of Alabama. Coach Tommy Tuberville, a winner, has my Complete and Total Endorsement. I love Alabama!” Trump wrote in a series of tweets late Tuesday night.

Tuberville and Sessions are facing off in a March 31 race to run against Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in the fall.

…….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #36242

Consistent #36243

Consistent #36244

ConservativeGranny #36247

It seems that everyone who ends up working for Trump thinks that somehow, for them, things will be different. Trump uses people then spits them out when he is finished with them. Sessions probably has stories to tell but he is still afraid of Trump. If Trump loses in November all of his power over these people will be gone. There will be lots of tales being told.

EVERYDAY #36248

Trump is a vindictive [expletive]. To him, Sessions’ recusal was disloyalty — to Trump. Sessions had no duty to be loyal to Trump — his loyalty is to the United States and the Constitution. But in Trumpworld, loyalty to him is paramount. It takes precedence over God and country.

So all this time later, after the Mueller investigation supposedly vindicated him, Trump still can’ let Sessions’ recusal go. He has to keep bringing up the recusal. He wants to destroy Sessions in any way possible. Sounds to me like mental illness. And Trump and his followers think Biden has lost his marbles?

Not that I really care about this race since I don’t live in Alabama, but I hope the voters thumb their collective noses at Trump and elect Sessions to the senate.

Consistent #36254

EVERYDAY #36258

Then Sessions is a fool.

By the way, what is Trump’s agenda? Anyone know? I’m not sure he has one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.