Thousands stranded overnight on I-95 outside DC

Source: The Hill | January 4, 2022 | Monique Beals

Thousands of drivers were stranded overnight on Interstate 95 outside of Washington D.C. on Tuesday. 

After 11 hours of people being stuck in their vehicles, some cars were moving on the northbound side of the highway, NBC News reporter Josh Lederman, who was stuck on the interstate with his dog, reported. 

Some of the drivers turned their cars off to preserve gas while others were left without food or water overnight, Lederman added, describing the experience as “dystopian” on NBC’s “Today.”

Lederman also said that there were no signs of emergency vehicles that he could see though it was unclear if that was because they were unable to get near his location.

The traffic nightmare began after multiple trucks crashed as a result of a major snowstorm that left the roads covered in snow and ice, NBC4 in Washington reported.

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) was also among those stuck on the interstate. 

“I started my normal 2 hour drive to DC at 1pm yesterday. 19 hours later, I’m still not near the Capitol,” he tweeted.  

……..

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51334

EVERYDAY #51337

I have cousins in Virginia outside DC. They sent photos of the snow from their house. It was totally unexpected. They had seen 60 degrees the day before and expected a drop in temperature with maybe snow flurries or light snow, but nothing like this.

Luckily, none of my relatives were out in this weather. I just can’t imagine being stuck in a car overnight in freezing weather.

Consistent #51343

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.