Steve Deace's Presidential Debate Analysis: A complete and total disaster

Source: Steve Deace's Facebook | September 26, 2016 | Steve Deace

This was a disaster. A complete and total disaster.

There was one, 15-minute segment when Trump was cleaning her clock on taxes, regulation, and being a career politician. Except he was badgering too much, but I could be wrong about how voters read that.

Then the topic turned to Trump’s taxes.

From there, the debate ranged anywhere from embarrassing to disastrous for Trump. Other than crediting himself for the following:

–Not paying people the money he owed them “because of the laws” that don’t make him do so.
–Forcing Obama to release his birth certificate because Hillary “couldn’t get it done.”
–Forcing NATO to change a policy they’ve actually always had.
–Settling a racial discrimination lawsuit “with no admission of guilt.”

He even complimented Hillary’s attack ads as “tremendous.”

In short, he was out of his depth, and it showed. As I warned for months, Trump simply couldn’t carry a credible conversation with the nation by himself for 90 minutes, minus a full stage of others vying for air time. Plus, when he was stuck he had no lyin Teds, little Marcos, or low energy Jebs to riff off of as a funny diversionary tactic. There was no there, there.

Tonight, he had to be President Trump, and he couldn’t.

That doesn’t mean Hillary was good, because except for nailing Trump on his taxes the rest of her attacks were typical Leftist class warfare, race-baiting, and feminist rhetoric that only moves the needle with a select audience.

She would’ve dominated the debate more if she’d have talked even less. But her number one goal — to bait Trump into being Trump — worked. Once she challenged his manhood that he’s not really that rich, Trump was unhinged the rest of the night. Even going so far as to say Sean Hannity confirmed for him what his own opinion on Iraq was. I cannot even imagine what voters who watched this must’ve thought. We’ll really find out how much people truly hate Hillary, because Trump offered them nothing else.

The smartest thing said all night was when moderator Lester Holt said towards the end of one of Trump’s nonsensical diatribes “I think it’s time to move on.”

So say we all.

Get ready, because tomorrow will be a day full of “what Mr. Trump meant to say” by his incestuous batch of surrogates on cable news everywhere.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.