Kinzinger says he suspects some GOPs knew what was going to happen on Jan. 6

Source: The Hill | July 6, 2021 | Joseph Choi

Kinzinger says he suspects some lawmakers knew what was going to happen on Jan. 6

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), who voted to impeach former President Trump for inciting the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, said he suspects that certain members of Congress knew what would happen that day and supported the attack.

In an interview with The New York Times Magazine and its talk columnist David Marchese, Kinzinger was asked if he suspected that some members of Congress were aware of what would happen and supported it.

“I won’t name names, but yes, I do have that suspicion,” the Illinois congressman said. “I will say, if you just looked at Twitter — the whole reason I brought my gun and kept my staff home and told my wife to stay in the apartment was looking at Twitter. I saw the threats.”

Kinzinger mentioned freshman Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) and the tweet she made on Jan. 6 in which she wrote, “Today is 1776,” as a possible indication that she may have been aware.

“I don’t know what that meant other than this is the time for revolution. Maybe it was a dumb tweet that she didn’t mean. Fine. I’ll give her that credit for now,” Kinzinger said. “But if you have members of Congress who were involved in nurturing an insurrection, heck yeah, we need to know.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49541

EVERYDAY #49545

Join the club, Adam. Most of us I think have had the same suspicions. I’d like to think the commission will expose the people at the top who were behind the coup, but I have my doubts it will. But if there are any plotters in congress, then we, the people, have to vote them out. If there can’t be criminal penalties, we can ruin them in other ways.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.