Cheney urges Fox viewers to ditch Trump

Source: The Hill | December 18, 2023 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) urged viewers of Fox News on Monday to support any candidate in the 2024 Republican presidential primary other than former President Trump.

“What I would say to Fox viewers, and I worked here for many years as you know,” Cheney said during an interview with Fox anchor Bret Baier. “The race today presents a number of candidates who will abide by the Constitution. You can have the policies that we all want, some of which Donald Trump put into place, some of which he didn’t. We can have conservative policies without having to torch the Constitution.”

Baier had asked Cheney, who has been doing a string of media interviews to promote a new memoir, why her message urging Republicans to reject Trump has “not been getting across” to more GOP voters, noting public polling showing the former president ahead by double digits.

“I would urge people watching today who are going to be voting in those caucuses and those primaries, vote for somebody else,” she reiterated. “Do not vote for the person who already tried to seize power.”

……..

“This is about ensuring that you’re going to vote [for] somebody who is going to uphold the rule of law,” she told the anchor on Monday. “Donald Trump has demonstrated he won’t.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.