Trump taps Texas Rep. Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as top intelligence official

Source: The Hill | July 28, 2019 | Morgan Chalfant

Dan Coats is out as President Trump’s director of national intelligence. Trump on Sunday announced Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) will replace Coats, who is set to leave his position on Aug. 15. The news came hours after reports began to circulate that Coats’s departure was imminent.

The position was expected to be filled by Coats’s deputy, Sue Gordon, in the interim, though Trump added a layer of uncertainty on Sunday by saying he would announce an acting director “shortly.” 

“I am pleased to announce that highly respected Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas will be nominated by me to be the Director of National Intelligence. A former U.S. Attorney, John will lead and inspire greatness for the Country he loves. Dan Coats, the current Director, will be leaving office on August 15th. I would like to thank Dan for his great service to our Country. The Acting Director will be named shortly,” Trump wrote in a pair of tweets Sunday evening.

……..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30925

Consistent #30926

Consistent #30927

Consistent #30928

Consistent #30929

Consistent #30930

Consistent #30931
    EVERYDAY #30932

Trump hires only the best people. SIGH!

Consistent #30943

Consistent #30946

Consistent #30955

Consistent #30998

Consistent #31006

Consistent #31009

Consistent #31024

Consistent #31025

ConservativeGranny #31027

Trump is going to have to dig even deeper into that rotten barrel of sycophants for a replacement. Only the best people!

EVERYDAY #31028

Trump, true to form, blamed the “lamestream media” for his failed nominee. No, Donnie, the fault lies with you for nominating a guy whose only qualification was he was one of your suck ups and who then lied about his qualifications for the job and was caught.

Trump never takes responsibility for anything. Always someone or something else’s fault.

Consistent #31031

Consistent #31032

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.