Trump postpones Denmark trip after Prime Minister refuses to discuss sale of Greenland

Source: CNN | August 20, 2019 | Betsy Klein

(CNN) – Less than two weeks before his scheduled trip to Denmark, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that he has postponed his visit to Copenhagen after the Danish Prime Minister disputed his interest in buying Greenland as “absurd.”

“Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time,” he wrote Tuesday night.

He continued, “The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!”

A White House official confirmed to CNN that the entire trip to Denmark is being scrapped.

…….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31324

Consistent #31325

Consistent #31326

Consistent #31327

EVERYDAY #31330

I don’t know that Denmark was all that happy about hosting the pompous blowhard anyway. They just might be relieved.

Once again, instead of dong his job and fulfilling his promises to the voters, Trump is off on a fool’s errand. Yes, I know Greenland reportedly is rich in oil , but do we really need to own another country? What are we — the British Empire?

Consistent #31348

ConservativeGranny #31350

This from the King of inappropriate statements. For someone who slings insults so easily he sure is thin skinned. Whiney crybaby.

EVERYDAY #31351

I guess Trump wasnt happy to learn that the Danish government isn’t so easily intimidated by him and his arrogance. Score one for the Danes.

Poor baby.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.