Ted Cruz unimpressed by House Democrats’ case against Trump

Source: Politico | December 15, 2019 | David Cohen

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said he’s seen what House Democrats have to offer in support of impeachment, and he’s not impressed.

“I think this is the beginning of the end for this show trial that we’ve seen in the House,“ he told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week,” using the phrase “zero evidence” to describe his view of Democrats’ case against President Donald Trump.

…….

Cruz said House Democrats — in particular, Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York and Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of California — have demonstrated no particular interest in getting to the truth at the heart of the matter.

“The House Democrats don’t want to find out what happened,” he said, adding, “Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff are interested in one thing, which is their partisan attacks.“

………

“There’s a difference between foreign interference of the kind Russia did, which was hacking into the election, creating fraudulent bots, actively trying to deceive people, and law enforcement investigation into — into corruption. We cooperate with law enforcement with countries all over the earth,” Cruz said in explaining his argument.

“On its face, there’s a lot of smoke there,” Cruz said of Hunter Biden’s business dealings, saying there is “real prima facie evidence of corruption.”

Cruz added, “I think the president was well within his authority.“

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #34186

EVERYDAY #34196

Of course, Ted is “not impressed ” by the Democrats’ impeachment case. Ted is on the Trump Train. The passengers on that train wouldn’t see a problem with any illegal, unethical or immoral thing Trump.has done because, by golly, Trump is making America great again. Or something.

It’s a shame so many like Ted have abandoned their principles. They no longer worship the One True God and have surrendered themselves to this phony idol.

ConservativeGranny #34202

I think Cruz was always a fraud. He was pretty easy to flip over to the dark side.

EVERYDAY #34204

I was a huge Ted supporter during the primaries, defended him on social media and elsewhere when the Trump campaign machine made vicious phony allegations against him and his family. Even sent a few bucks to Ted’s campaign. But he betrayed all of his supporters when he boarded the Trump Train. I thought at first that he did so to get himself re-elected to the senate and that after the election, he would go back to being the moral, principled man I thought he was. I have to now admit, Granny, that Ted was a fraud and we supporters were conned.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.