Stone associate says he expects to face Mueller indictment in next couple of days

Source: The Hill | November 12, 2018 | Olivia Beavers and Jacqueline Thomsen

A Roger Stone associate on Monday said he believes special counsel Robert Mueller will indict him in the next couple of days for giving false information to federal investigators despite cooperating with the Russia investigation.

“I’m going to be criminally charged,” Jerome Corsi, a conservative commentator and conspiracy theorist, said during a YouTube livestream. “As of today, right now, I expect to be indicted.”

Corsi, who said he tried to cooperate with the investigation, claimed that his “mind was mush” after speaking with investigators, and alleged that they set up a “perjury trap” for him by not allowing him to see what documents and statements they were referring to during his “interrogation.”

However, he did not go into the full details about his version of events, stating that he wants to know what the indictment looks like before he does.

His livestream comes after NBC News reported in late October that Mueller was scrutinizing whether Corsi was aware that WikiLeaks had obtained emails hacked by Russian intelligence officers and whether he may have shared information about the email release with Stone, a longtime friend of President Trump.

Corsi said during the livestream on Monday that he predicted that WikiLeaks would release the hacked emails because he “figured it out,” and not because of any contact he had with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

He said that “to the best of my recollection,” he did not meet with Assange or have sources connect him with Assange, somebody he considers a “journalist.”

FBI agents, according to Corsi, served him a subpoena on Aug. 28, even though he had been working with the Mueller investigation for the past two months.

He said that he had handed over two computers to the special counsel, and also granted the office access to his cell phone, emails and Twitter account.

Corsi also sought to undermine the legitimacy of the Mueller investigation, claiming that the Department of Justice was being run “by criminals.”

“My crime really was that I dared to support President Trump,” he said. “Now I’m going to have to go to prison for the rest of my life because I dared to oppose the Deep State.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.